New Member here--MalibuRum--

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member here--MalibuRum--

Hi...My name is Alex Souza and I restore boats at Vintage Boatworks I been doing boat repair off and on for many years. and now I can add classic boats to my list of boat repair.To start off I like all kinds of boats as a kid I loved to go to the lake and water ski. But when are boat would brake down I was the first to help fix it with my dad. As the years went by I would pickup info how to fix them from mechanics and fiberglass repair people. After high school I started working on boats of all kinds part time at the local marine dealer. After awhile I got a job offer in construction and good pay so I ran with it and when work was slow I would do gel coat repair on the side. After a few years of that I went to work for two other boat repair shops and a hole new side of boats at one shop we made new drag boat hulls and race boat parts so I got to spray the gel coat,fiber glass / Kevlar / carbon fiber layup,put in stringers floor,paint it and so on.and at the other shop you name it I DID IT! a little more construction and RV repair with boat repair. And now I'm at Vintage Boatworks and having a grate time. Most of the boats I have owned are ski boats and go fast boats. I know this is not much info about me but it's a start and hope to get to talk boats and other cool stuff here......Alex

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the NWCBC forums! We're looking forward to any comments and advice you can contribute to the discussions. It sounds like you have a great deal of experience that can help us out with our own projects.

Mark
    Silverdale, WA.
    1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Welcome aboard Alex.
      I think you will find lots of boaters here that are interested in all projects

Enjoy
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Welcome Alex ! !

We look forward to having you here and the knowledge you bring.

Comment

Glad to be here and will be glad to help out if i can.

Comment

Working...
          X