• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help ID this boat

This was on it way to the dump but saved it
    Have no idea what brand model or year.
    Mike aka the pirate
    Attached Files
    Red sails at night a sailors delight Red sails in the morn sailors be warned

Mike, it looks like Chuck Carey's Dorsett.

Check his pics: (especially the bow accents)
    [ame="http://www.classicboatclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3646"]"O" What The Hey ! - Northwest Classic Boat Club Forum[/ame]

Splash well looks the same, too!

Comment

Mike, I believe Dan is right. That is a 1958 Dorsett Belmont model. Chuck
      Attached Files
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

I would say thats it. Then thats the first boat bilt by dorset under then their own name. And I have the last one bilt under the Endura Craft brand name.
        So far I have not found anyone that has and Endura Craft model like mine. Hers a pix of my Endura Craft.
        thanks
        Mike aka the pirate
        Attached Files
        Red sails at night a sailors delight Red sails in the morn sailors be warned

Comment

Fantasy Land

I was just imagining that is your garage in the background. How nice would that be?

Comment

Another Dorsett Belmont....

Just fyi, since we're talking about Dorsett Belmonts, here's a '62 project boat I hauled home yesterday, generously given to me by Mike Scoggins...who decided not to continue with restoration of the boat.

It'll need a new transom, cockpit floor, some deck hardware, paint, wiring, etc. but the Merc 450 should run fine.

(The hullside rubrail 'spears' have been removed, but they came with the boat. It's on a period Holsclaw trailer than Mike had sandblasted and repainted, so it's actually in good shape; just needs some side bunks to support the hull.)

- Marty
            Attached Files
            http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Marty, I guess you could say "Dorsett's R Us" the way it has been lately. Nice Boat ! Best,Chuck
              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Working...
              X