Moorage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moorage

Wondering if anybody knows of any fresh water moorage at a reasonable rate for a 1940 42ft Chris Craft? Covered best but any considered. Barry

Sorry, I don't but how about posting some pix of that beauty?

Comment

Freshwater Moorage

Barry -

It's hard to use the terms "freshwater moorage" and "reasonable rate" in the same sentence; they just don't go together. When you add "covered" to the mix, you really go over the top.

Having said that, I'd prowl all of the funky, little in-between moorages along the Lake Washington Ship Canal in searching for semi-deals. There are some along the stretch between the Aurora Bridge and the Government Locks that would be more affordable than the big, all-covered marinas. If the boat is functional and you're up for sharing, you might also explore the possibility of advertising to waterfront homeowners on Lake Washington, suggesting the possibility of letting them use the boat on some kind of schedule in exchange for moorage at their docks. (Or just advertise to waterfront homeowners, seeking paid moorage...which might be less expensive than commercial rates, at least if you get lucky.)

When it comes to conventional freshwater-marina moorage, I really loved keeping my old 36-foot, 1930 cruiser at Lockhaven Marina for years, when I lived in the big city. The freshwater close to the Government Locks is diluted just enough with a touch of saltwater (that escapes from the Locks) to prevent almost all forms of marine growth on the bottom of your boat. Also, of course, you're right there at the Locks, ready to venture out into Puget Sound without much delay.

Good luck,

- Marty
      http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

1940 Chris Craft 42ft first launched in 1944. Some pictures.
        http://picasaweb.google.com/charlmill/Boat#

Comment

This is beyond gorgeous! I love the classic CC's...today's modern plastic not-so-fantastic versions lack the soul of yours. What's her prime mover?

Comment

Barry, that is beautiful. Wow.

Comment

Working...
            X