Getting rid of boats!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid of boats!

I was able to get rid of the Slough Runner (1965 Fiberform) on Monday evening. I delivered it to Stanwood. Today the Bell Boy Ballerina went on Craigslist and the requests keep coming for that one. It should be gone by this evening!! Chuck and I tried to give it to one of you but there were no takers. Hopefully the new owner will see the potential. Most of the tough restoration work has been done (floors and most of transom removed). It will be a cool boat when it is done.

Greg Jr.
    Attached Files

Spare time...

Is your Glastron still in the project queue?

Comment

Yep, the Glastron is still in the project phase. The transom is out and is awaiting some sunshine to burn me while I work on the rest of it. I think I still have your controls.

Greg Jr.

Comment

i see you just got rid of a 65 fiber form/ do u know much about em i just got a 59 firberform spokane or so the registartion says just lookin for peopl in the area that migh be able to send me in the right direction on this thing.

unknown year 10ft hydro
        1984 bayliner capri 1975 merc 115

Comment

I only used mine twice but I can tell you it had such a smooth ride. Fiberform is no slouch, they put out a good product. I do not know if the stringers are wood or fiberglass. I am thinking mine was probably fiberglass since it was newer. I remember looking at a Fiberform cabin cruiser when I got out of High School in 1981. It had rubberized concrete poured into the keel for ballast. Apparently they floated too well! Post a picture of yours if you can.

Greg Jr.

Comment

Fiberform boats

Originally posted by ron12, post: 3108
            i see you just got rid of a 65 fiber form/ do u know much about em i just got a 59 firberform spokane or so the registartion says just lookin for peopl in the area that migh be able to send me in the right direction on this thing.
            I have a 76 fiberform that is called a Sedan, 24 foot.
            Looked and looked for information on them and the only thing that I got was information from a fellow in Spokane who was the last dealer on the west coast.
            The son owned the boat dealership that he got from his Father.
            When I called, I started asking him some questions and he said, just a second, my Dad was the person that took on the Fiberform line, Good boat.

I talked to his Dad for a little bit and about the boats and all he could tell me is he was sad that they went out of business. They could not compete with the cheap boats due to the cost to build them.
            I told him what I had and he then told me that the boat was designed as if it was broken in half, both halves would float and the engine was designed to break away.
            Pretty much they were designed to be one of the safest boats on the water in the days they were build.

Other than that, I was not able to find Anything much on the Internet.
            Fiberglassics only had a little about it but I see they are still down for a rebuild.

I did talk to a few other older folks about what they knew about them and all I got again was they were built with safety in mind.
            You can see my Sedan in in my Album.
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
            X