Mayfield Lake

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayfield Lake

I see AOMCI has events at Mayfield May 13 14 15 and September 9 10 11.

Originally posted by John Nelson View Post
    I see AOMCI has events at Mayfield May 13 14 15 and September 9 10 11.
    I like Mayfield myself.

Do we have anyone else that might be interested in this event ??
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

The outboard club has it's Mayfield event this weekend. I'm going up there Saturday morning with a 10 ft aluminum and 2.5 Johnson I put a crank in last winter. I want to check out Riffe lake later in the day.

Comment

Hey John, how was the event? How was Riffe? Is it at full pool?

Comment

I got there early so Riffe was first the park at Mossy rock is very nice and the ramp went to water even with the water down 60'? The dock was left way behind. The grade was a little much for my Rain ger. I drove to the north end and walked around a ramp closed sign to a ramp that looked sad, there was water there maybe for a rc. Another ramp three miles further had a sliding dock in the water and looked good. There was another park and ramp further that I didn't look at it was getting late. The lake looked good and navigable.

Comment

I launched at the state park on the east side at 12:00 went up to the dam the last stretch shallows up some. Then went back down to party cove. It was noted that I was uncool among the new ski boats and pontoons. I went over to the resort no sign of the outboard guys. Guess its not just our group. I'm glad I went to some of their events when they were active. Loaded up at 4:00. Mayfield is a great place lots of sights and amenities. I'd like to go back and spend more time on Riffe.

Comment

Originally posted by John Nelson View Post
              I launched at the state park on the east side at 12:00 went up to the dam the last stretch shallows up some. Then went back down to party cove. It was noted that I was uncool among the new ski boats and pontoons. I went over to the resort no sign of the outboard guys. Guess its not just our group. I'm glad I went to some of their events when they were active. Loaded up at 4:00. Mayfield is a great place lots of sights and amenities. I'd like to go back and spend more time on Riffe.
              I wonder if the water being that low could have had them changing there mind about the event this year ?

So, it sounds like your little 2.5 Johnson motor was doing ok if you were running her all around like that.

Do or can you get any contact information for them ?
              Helmar Joe Johanesen
              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
              X