Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filing for lost title- How hard is it to get a title?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing for lost title- How hard is it to get a title?

I'm thinking of picking up a little sidewinder to slap my Merc on & get out on the water since my Glassmaster won't be ready for this season.
    The PO has no title & he says I can file a lost title with the state for a new one.
    Has anyone here done that & what kind of success have you had?

By the looks of the boat I could be back on the water in less than 2 weeks though it might take longer to dislodge the frying pan from my head after my wife finds out.

I've done this twice. It was pretty easy, but both times the boat had previously been registered in Oregon.

Basically they had a form for the previous owner to sign off on, and they looked up the previous owner using the boat's hull number. In one case the last registered owner was still alive at at the same address, and he gladly signed off for me, even though he hadn't owned the boat in years. In the other case I mailed the forms return receipt and they were returned unopened, and that sufficed for the marine board to say the previous owner had no interest in it. Once i had an Oregon title I switched them over to WA.

Don't know if that's how they do it in WA though.

Comment

Found some info online

It sounds like I need to find the previous/last registered owner:

To replace a title:

1. Complete an Affidavit of Loss form. All registered owners must sign the form, and the signatures must be notarized. If there is a lien holder on the title, the lien holder must apply for the duplicate title.
      2. Submit the completed form:
      * by mail with a check or money order for $9 to:
      Department of Licensing
      PO Box 9909
      Olympia, WA 98507-8500
      * in person at any vehicle licensing office with cash or a check for $9 plus service fees.

Your duplicate title will be mailed to you in 8-10 weeks.

Comment

Lost Title

I bought my Bellboy from my dad. He never had it titled so he gave me a bill of sale and I took it to the courthouse in Montesano and got it titled. That was about 20 years ago and I didn't even know what make of boat it was so I titled it as a unknown name and year until I found out it was a Bellboy, so I had the titled changed a few years ago.

Comment

Here in B.C,it so easy.i just get a bill of sale and go to the department of fishery and told them i like to register the boat,then they ask me have the boat been register before.i told them that it ,s so old the owner never need to register it in those days.and it work twice for me already!so my boat is register as first time and they gave me a new #.

Comment

Working...
          X